Saturday, August 17, 2013

This Heart O' Mine


Photo courtesy of :https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIAOw7NFsXOnlHiyeFyNcw7X1pTYmsPvgZDF0YMz8hWFokLVJI

I have been doing so much introspection these days. Life has a way of making you think and think and think. I have been in deep thought about so many aspects of my life. Most recently, some things have come into focus about my love life and the future of.

What I have learned about this heart o' mine:

1) It's guarded. - This should be obvious, but I didn't realize it so much until lately. I'm bitchy, I'm hard on people and I don't take (what I perceive to be) bullshit. I feel like I have had to deal with so much dishonesty and lies from my past relationships, that I have to be a hard ass.

2) It's big. On the other hand I love deeply. I love fully and if it's anything but a relationship I almost love unconditionally. This love extends to my closest friends, my family, of course Liam and to some of my kids from my library job. I love people. I am an extrovert and I just love giving love.

3) It's determined. I don't want to settle for just anyone. I know and understand the quality of man that I want and I'm REALLY trying to keep hope alive that he's out there...somewhere looking for me too.

Those are just some of the things that have been rolling around in my head lately. Sorry it has taken me so long to write again. Be on the lookout for more entries this week.

Until again,
Cicely

1 comment:

  1. OMG that sounds exactly like me! I was just talking to a friend the other day about how difficult it is for me to allow someone into my life romantically because I have my guard up and because I've been hurt so many times in the past I'm not as trusting. But despite that I am determined, I know exactly what I want and won't settle for less but when it happens I will love unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)