Monday, May 12, 2014

Out From Under the Rock

Hey everyone!

I know it has been 4 whole months since my last post and lemme tell ya..much has come to pass in my life since then. There is entirely too much to update on in such a small space, but I will attempt to at least fill you in on the most important aspects. Liam is doing great! He's 4.5 years old now...THAT much closer to the big 5! We took our first trip to the zoo last month with his preschool and we had a blast. He did have a meltdown at the end when it was time to go, but it was an overload for him and I realize that.

I finished my 1st semester of Nursing school and am so much more knowledgeable and so excited about my not-so-far-in-the-future career as a Nurse. That being said, this semester pushed me beyond exhaustion and I'm taking a break until next Spring. So I will resume the program January 2015 and continue from there. I caught Mononucleosis back in February and ended up missing more class than I needed to and didn't finish nearly as strong as I would have liked. After speaking with my professor, we both decided sitting out a semester would be the best bet for my future success in Nursing school.

I have hardly been shooting at all. I just honestly haven't had the time to. I did do a trade shoot with a new photographer in my area last week and I will show you some preview shots :). Photo credit to the lovely and talented Whitney Scheibel Photography :



I also now will be working Full Time night shifts as a Nurse Care Tech at the local university hospital which means I will finally have benefits and health/dental insurance. I'm so excited. Not to mention the steady paycheck is much needed.  Another perk, as a FT employee I get to utilize the tuition assistance program where they will pay up to 6 credits per semester (incl. Summer) which totals to 18 credits of classes per year! I couldn't be happier. 

I'm back in the Kickboxing gym and REALLY trying to work on my lifetime fitness/wellness. Current goal is to get back to my lowest weight at this same time last year. So yeah, that's about 30 lb to lose by the end of the Summer. I'm just trying to be better, feel better and look better. 

That's all I've got for today. It feels good to be back! 

Soon,
Cicely

1 comment:

  1. Go mama! Good to hear from you. looks like you've been busy :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)