Sunday, December 9, 2012

End of Semester



Hey guys!

I'm tired as hell lol. That has been the story of my life lately. It looks like I will be ending the semester with 2 Bs and a grade that is NOT a B! I'm waaaay too embarrassed to even share that grade with you guys, but just know that I will be taking Physiology over in the Spring and I WILL get a B in it.

I know where I am falling short: simply not having enough time to study. But what can you do? I worked my entire way through my B.A. and it looks like I will have to work my way through my ADN/BSN/MSN as well. It's not working I mind so much, it's getting up in the middle of the night, making time for Liam and making time to do what I need/have and rarely want to do. I'm always tired and seem to always be running around like a crazy person.

The only thing that motivates me is that there is a very bright light at the end of this winding tunnel. I will be a Nurse Practitioner! A licensed medical professional with the capability to help, heal and treat people. I am claiming that by my 30th birthday in 2018 I will be an NP or at least in my last semester of an MSN program. I'm saving my DNP - Doctorate of Nursing Practice (currently the terminal degree in Nursing practice) for around age 35/36. I know I will be a good Nurse :).

In other news, Liam and I are going to get some holiday pictures done and you know I will post them! His face just brings me so much joy. That's a feeling I hope never changes. I want to be able to look at him in 20 years,40 years and 60 years and still feel this same warmth and joy and pride.

16 days 'til Xmas...saay whaaaat? Can't believe this year is really coming to a close. I need to get back on my weight loss journey hardcore. This semester derailed me a bit, but I'm ready to be on it. I want to lose 40 lb between now and June. I'd like to have the final 30-40 lb gone by this time next year.

Hope all you guys have been well! :) Look for a YT video coming soon.

Until again.
Cicely


2 comments:

  1. I just found this pic through google for a post!! lol Don't know why I haven't been on this blog in so long but I'm so so happy for you and I'm touching and agreeing with you about you being a FAB Nurse Practitioner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing the semester! Going to school and working as a single mom is NOT easy. I know!! I took some time off from school but need to get back soon. Good luck honey you're doing great!! Can't wait to see the pics of you guys. Happy holidays :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)