Monday, December 31, 2012

The Year That Lies Ahead...



Impossible is a word that has never been in my vocabulary. I don't believe there is any such thing. What limits us is our minds! Even if I can't always accomplish things in the literal sense, we live in a world where literal meaning is just one aspect of a bigger picture. I look back on this year and although I didn't get done a lot of what I though I would, I did accomplish some major things that have changed the direction of where my life was headed previously.

Let's review where I was the exact same time 365 days ago:

Take from post Adios 2011 :

"1) getting this company on it's feet and geared towards success. I want to take LIAM Artistry serious and I want others to as well

2) Saving money - alotting a specific amount per pay check - say $40/month?

3) investing money - a set amount per month (say $20) to start

4) continuing to invest in myself: health and education. I will continue on my path for ultimate health and I want to continue to grow as a person, woman, mother mentally.

5) figure out a way to become a licensed esthetician before the end of the year (ended up discovering a couple months later I actually wanted to be a Nurse/Nurse Practitioner) 

6) work on being more patient with Liam and trying not to get burned out

7) move out of my parents house (again lol)

8) formulate and execute a concrete plan to leave KY and go to where ever else Liam and I are headed in our lives (again!) 

9) continue to pursue a career in plus size modeling (more shoots, model development as much as I can) 

10) be debt free (with the exception of student loans) "


Looking back I accomplished 60% of my goals from last year! I think that's great! :) I'm proud of myself. I hope you all did something this year to make yourselves proud. All the people I know REALLY put in work this year and I think that is amazing! I will be working on my vision board tonight as me and Liam bring in our new year pretty low key. 

2013 for me:

1) save and invest $ (myself and Liam)
2) get HRSA scholarship
3) maintain 3.0 + GPA
4) finish CNA course and get hired at a hospital
5) continue to shoot, work on branding myself and be published as a plus size model and be agency-signed in a national publication (website, comp cards and new business cards)
6) continue to work on being a great Mom and nurturing Liam academically, mentally, physically and spiritually. Continue to grow as a Mom 
7) lose these last 50-ish lb - Size 16 here I come!!!
8) get certified as and work as a group fitness trainer
9) get accepted into and finally begin Nursing program/clinicals
10) take time to smell the flowers
11) walk in fashion shows
12) go out and socialize more
13) decorate my apartment to my taste
14) contemplate and seriously consider a move out of KY (if I feel it is the right fit for me and Liam)
15) inspire, encourage, ignite the fire in others
16) be a better friend
17) be a better Me! 
18) continue to decide if home school is the right decision for me and Liam
19)  develop this blog (make it official with new design and revamp...finally! lol) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)