Saturday, June 29, 2013

New Start



Hey out there,

Well you know I have been on the job hunt for CNA positions and well really full time positions in the healthcare field that can work with and around my school schedule and I've finally take a step in the right direction! I'll be starting my new position July 18, but won't be leaving my beloved library job until August 15 :(.

I'm truly sad about it and will miss what I do. I'll miss those bad as kids and the stress of programming and that damn grant paper work and all the other things I usually complain about.

In my new position I'll be a Registration Clerk at a local hospital mostly doing ER 2nd/3rd shift. Although this is not the hands on position that I will be doing when I find employment as a CNA, it is a step in the right direction and works well with my schedule right now (i.e. it came right on time). I will get more pay, more hours initially and they have provided for my school schedule.

Again, this is not my "dream" position (i.e. one where I can deal with direct patient care and learn the ins and out of RN duties), but one step at a time I am getting there. I am still awaiting the results from my state test and then hopefully will be able to hear back from hospitals and begin to interview!

If all goes to plan, no later than October 1 I will be working 3 nights a week, 12 hr shifts (probably 7pm-7am), still freelancing on the weekend for Benefit, kicking ass in Chem (the goal is a B) and working on all the other fabulous things I want to accomplish.

I'm truly blessed and I don't want to take that for granted. I'm thankful that although this is not exactly what I want, it is right now what I need! I really believe that all my hard work/struggle/blood/sweat/tears now will not only shape me into a better person and mother that I will come out of Nursing school as one hell of a Nurse (and eventually Family Nurse Practitioner).

Ciao,
Cicely


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)