Monday, June 17, 2013

Updates: Half Way Through 2013



I finally am going to make time to get back to my baby (i.e. this blog). I feel like I have been cheating myself and YOU, my readers out of content, inspiration and the love I used to show for one of the things I love to do. So I have returned to redeem myself! I'm back! :)

There is so much going on I'm not even 100% sure where to begin. Let's start with Liam! He completed about 6 weeks of Headstart and had his speech therapy and got into a routine. His speech is and has improved by leaps and bounds. I'm so proud of him and so happy for the progress that he's made.

School - I BARELY creeped by my Spring semester. I will go ahead and admit that I bombed Physio again and didn't get the C I needed to complete my pre-reqs, so as 3rd time has proved to be the charm for me, I am taking it again currently and have a solid B in the class. I FINALLY figured out the issue: I couldn't take the class with other classes AND while working. Now that it is my only class and I focus solely on that I am actually learning the material and excelling! Sheesh!

I finished my CNA class, did clinicals and just took my State CNA test June 14. I'm hoping I did well! I was super nervous.


Modeling - I was featured in a major publication, Volup2 magazine and I'm so happy with the work me , the photographer and the male model put in. I am still working towards being agency signed and trying to use all avenues to get my name and face out there. I also have another project currently in the works and hoping for that to take off :).

Work - I'm still at the library of course, but am sure I'll be leaving no later than mid August.I love my coworkers, my kids and what I do, but I have to move on to pursue my Nursing career and to provide more financial stability for me and Liam.

"Love" Life - y'all know I have to put that in quotes lol. Earlier in the Spring I dated a guy who I thought was decent enough, that turned out to be not the right situation for me. I really need to learn to listen to my intuition. I know what I want, I know what I deserve and I truly need to STOP settling. I'm promising myself that I won't settle for just ok and alright anymore. The next man I date I want to be long term...I'm looking for marriage material, father to my child and future kids material.

That being said lol, I did meet someone new. I get a waaaay different vibe from him. We talk about deep things, things that matter to me. We talk about finding our direction and purpose in life. He is vulnerable and it shows, he's been hurt and we've talked about it. He's dealt with a lot in his life and I really like his attitude/outlook on life. He has no kids, he wants to eventually have a family. We both have a love and appreciation for good music. I think in most aspects he's certainly on my level/we see things eye to eye. It's really refreshing. And we agree to and ARE ACTUALLY taking things super slow. There has been no making out, nothing, Just hand holding and a couple of quick pecks. It's really sweet. :).I'm really enjoying this whole patience thing and just letting things be and not rushing into things I'm not ready for...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)