Friday, July 6, 2012

1st Ever Kentucky Date Night

I'm the worst you guys THE worst! I keep saying oh no, dating is not for me, I give up and then BAM! Outta nowhere a situation arises and I take a chance. Well I took a chance again yesterday and it may or may not be a good thing :).
    



But first things first. The semester is almost over.I have 1 final paper to submit tomorrow and 1 journal assignment due. Then I'm frreeeeeeeeeeeeee, freee fallling! lol Outta class that is. Fall starts back August 20. So far 1 grade is in and I passed Anatomy with a C :/. Not the grade I wanted, but those lab exams kicked my ass. Now I know what I need to work on and will certainly be busting my ass and going hard in the paint Fall/Spring and beyond!

So back to this dating thing. I hate, hate, hate first dates. They are always so nerve wrecking and I generally always end up stressing over NOTHING, but I do it anyways. We shall call this character TC. He is another try from an online site and surprisingly only lives about 15 minutes away from me (we live in the same county). We decided to meet after work. We had been texting and talking for about 2-3days straight. Like straight, straight lol. He was cracking me up which is great because once you hold my attention, you are partially on your way.

There is a Mexican spot not far from my job that has Happy Hour and pretty good margaritas, if I didn't have to drive, I admit I might have gotten slizzered (only if I knew him waaaay better tho lol). He told me what car he'd be driving and that he'd wait for me to get there and we could go in together. As I was getting closer to the restaurant I was like oh HELL naw, I texted him saying he should go on in and get a table. I had to do a little talk with myself to get my life/self together before I went in lol and I was ready.

I go in and find him at the table and TC gives me this big nervous smile and I laughed (nerves) and thus a really good date began. It took about 10-15 minutes for us to really break the ice and get into a normal flow of conversation, but once we did it was so much fun! He made me laugh the entire time (I was almost in tears at one point), he has the same sarcastic, ridiculous sense of humor that I do and he honestly seems to have his shit together which is a +++ in my book. TC is a little on the slim side, I don't know what it is with me and these slender dudes lol. But he's got a little meat on him, he told me himself he is trying to bulk up.Which is good. Cuz we cant be looking like: 1 8 lmmfao - but that would be slightly inaccurate because he is taller than me.

We talked about our families, a little about Liam, about his dog and I thought it was really cool how well we vibed. It went so well we decided to see each other again today! lol. Most of his free time is during the week and so today would be the last time we could see each other before Monday or Tuesday and of course he didn't want to wait that long lol.

I must say that I am really glad I went. This may sound dumb, but on semi-blind dates (where you have only seen pictures and heard voice/texted),I get uber nervous because I know you can tell I'm a "big girl" in my pictures, but I think and have been told (by friends) that I look much smaller in pictures than in person. So that always worries me lol. Don't want a dude to be like Damn didn't know I was meeting Ursula #fatgirlproblems. But that's my own issue I have to deal with in regards to body image. Just wanted to update you guys and gals out there. Will be posting again soon :)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)