Sunday, February 6, 2011

Single Mama vs. Co-parenting

When you give birth to a child and have been responsible for 99.5% of their lives/well being/being the caretaker by yourself imo are the ONLY parent that child has. I'm so tired of this dude (i.e. Liam's biological father) butting into our business. My parents have always taught me a valuable lesson in life: You have to pay the cost to be the boss. I work 3 jobs to support me and my son and when it comes to people and their interference and their opinions, I really can go without them! His bio-dad is soooo annoying. Trying to get any $ out of this guy to help pay for anything is such a process. I have decided from now on, to not even ask for his money. I am so over it. If it is something Liam and I dont have but we need, I will have to find another way to do it. I just cant take it anymore.
If co-parenting was the case, we would be getting alot more help and I wouldn't be so stressed out about this idiotic situation...All i know is that when Liam has to start day care, if I cant get any income based adjustments....$500/month will be a lot to bite off :(

2 comments:

  1. You're 100% right! Being a father of a child is effortless...being a DAD...a PARENT...that takes WORK! My daughter sees her dad *maybe* once a year for a few hours and he takes her out and buys her f#@cking candy...like he's some hero! My daughter is 7 now and she's already seeing through his act. Liam will see it for himself, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a sad excuse for a man and a father. Sadly there are many of those in every ethnicity, religion and background! No one's safe! :/ ugggh! I am sure Liam will see it. That's why I refrain from saying bad things about that guy in front of him. I won't be the one to poison that sweet little mind with bad thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)