Wednesday, February 9, 2011

FLMM's Work is Never Done

I just want to thank everyone for tolerating my ramblings and complaining lately. I have not been at peace with myself lately. I have been grappling with some emotional demons and trying to figure my life out. A few things I have decided: Law school will wait until I'm 28 years old (i.e. 2016) . Yes, 5 years from now when I have a rambunctious 6 soon to be 7 year old, FLMM will finally begin her JD/MA and go to school FT and earn both degrees in 4 years. I have not given up on my dream of being a judge at all, but what has happened is I realized that even though I have very little patience, this is not a decision I can afford to take lightly. Doing the math, with about 4 years in school, I might very well be $200,000 in loan debt. Even though I do plan to work for the gov't after lschool, in the event I can't find a gov't job and work there for 10 years, unless I win the lotto, the chances of EVER paying back that loan are VERY slim!

Also, by that time all of my debt WILL be paid off and I can NOW work on being more stable financially in order to REALLY be able to afford to go to school FT and work on the side doing my own projects with makeup and/or modeling.

So this year I'm going to do something I have kind of been neglecting to do since Liam was born: REALLY take care of myself! I have neglected myself for far too long and the negative side effects are showing. I <3 my Poops dearly of course, but in order for me to be the best provider and mother, I have to have my mind and my health right. And as of late, both are falling by the wayside! I'm being run ragged and there is no end in sight if I don't do something soon.

Stay tuned :)

Until again,
FLMM

1 comment:

  1. GOOD FOR YOU MAMA!!! The best mom is a together mom, I've recently learned this too. Law school will be there in 5 yrs and you'll do great then too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)