Friday, June 8, 2012

June Thus Far...

Sometimes I'm so busy I really don't know if I'm coming or going lol. This was one of those weeks. I have been all over the place. Training for freelance jobs, prepping for summer at the library,homework, class, Liam...hell there were a couple of days I even forgot to eat for most of the day.

I just wanted to take this time out to update you guys on my life! I finished my Isagenix Isabody Challenge! From January 5-June 7 I lost 25 lbs (total 46 overall) and rediscovered myself in the process. I am on a new path in life and I'm not turning back. With the challenge I am competing to win a cruise, a lot of other great prizes and the grand prize of $25,000. Honestly, even if I win nothing it was worth the experience to do it! I committed to something and I saw it through. I kicked ass through personal problems, a busy single mom life, school and everything else. I made it! :)

I have found the PERFECT fit for Liam for preschool and hope to start him Aug 1! I finally got to go for a classroom visit today with Liam and I'm in love with the place. The way they do things really aligns with how I would like for things to be with him in the classroom.

I lost another lb. As mentioned above I am now -46lbs, and only 8 lbs from the 1/2 way point. In case I didn't tell you guys my ultimate goal is to lose 108 lbs! That's a person! lol But I'm almost 1/2 way there. Wow!

I am a contributing writer for a new online women's mag called Rachael Magazine. Please subscribe, check out my article on budget makeup and the other great articles. I'm excited to be apart of the magazine. and of course the magazine is based out of NYC (cool connection - the editor/owner is a Kentucky girl too! How cool is that?) So go check it out: http://rachaelmagazine.com/

I am probably going to regret this...but I had cocktails and coffee with a recent old interest (lol) when I was in NYC.Ok yea so random combo #dontjudgeme. Anyways, I feel very comfortable with him. Conversation is natural, I feel giddy around him and it's almost impossible not to smile.I like him.  But I digress. In his case, he has loose strings in his life to tie up and I am giving him the space to do that. I don't call him much or text him everyday, but I do think about him often. Today a  funny situation arose and he was one of the 1st ppl I thought of to send a text message. In his response to my text,  he mentioned that he was visiting family some 3,000 miles away and had just walked by a window ad with a plus size model in it and a few seconds later my text came...I know that I'm probably reading more into it than is there. But there is a spark between us (not love necessarily), but something between us just clicks. I don't know if he feels it too,but I think he does. Seriously a mash-up of Kings of Leon's "Use Somebody" & Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" plays in the background lmmfao.  I'm NOT acting on it. Again, he has a situation to deal with and I have to focus on Nursing school,Liam and the rest of my life. So life must go on as planned. Something tells me that if/when I move back to NYC I'm gonna be in some major trouble though...smh lol

Otherwise I'm surviving and thriving! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)