Sunday, June 17, 2012

What a Week!

I have had one HELL of a week. It was the type of week you question everything you do and question whether doing the "right" thing is really even worth it anymore! I tried to start the week of lighthearted and optimistic,but that's when things started to go south REAL quick. I got the newest temporary child support order in the mail stating that Liam's father now only has to pay $50 a month! That equates to $12.50/week. I was so annoyed that really all I could do was laugh. It's unbelievable for someone who allegedly has 2 jobs!? But anyways I told some friends and we laughed it off.

The 2nd round of news came when my lawyers in the custody case told me that even though the firm still has a $475 balance from my retainer ($2,000) that they would need another $2,000 to continue on with my case! Wtf? I'm pretty sure they won't use the rest of that $2,000 as we are going to trial at the end of August and then it will be over. So I have emailed them asking if I can just do a payment of $1,000 and the next installment at a later date...waiting to hear back from them...

The third and final thing that was the tipping point for me was when the car I drive (Dad's old car) went nuts on me on the highway omw to class and we later found out it will be around 1,000 to fix it!I laughed, I cried, I laughed again and I cried some more. I just couldn't believe how bad my luck had been.

I'm not sure how religious you all are out there or what you believe in, but I try to pray regularly and do believe in God. Oddly enough the night before, I had prayed to God for a miracle b/c I had no clue how I was going to pay the next $ to the lawyer and still do the things I needed to (pay bills, buy new clothes/shoes for Liam, maybe even buy myself something nice). The very next day, not even 12 hours later was when the car debacle happened. I'm not even sure what that means! I take things like that as God trying to tell me something, but honestly I don't know what or why or how I'm supposed to receive that message. It left me more confused than ever.

The light at the end of the tunnel of this bleak string of events was me applying on a whim to the Beauty Sales Exec position in NYC. Honestly, I didn't think anything would come out of it. I was pretty sure that the job might have been filled already b/c it was posted in May...but alas, the NEXT day, I received an email back from their HR office asking to conduct a Skype interview with me that same day! I was thrilled and really couldn't believe it. It's actually the type of job I always wanted in retail. To work for one company and represent them, train associates, improve brand awareness and move up in the ranks. In that aspect it is a perfect fit for me. The only downside I can see right now are the traveling aspects. My territory would be NY,NJ and Florida. So that would mean flying out to Florida maybe once a month and the rest of the time driving to my stores in the tri state area. Who would watch Liam? Now that I'd be based in NYC...where would we live? I know I have friends willing to help, but what about school for him? I know that Nursing school would be put on hold for a little bit, but I'm ok with that. I still have about 5 years before my prereqs become obsolete and this would give me a chance to do work I love and have greater financial stability...

Who knows? If I move on to the next phase of interviews, they will contact me next week..we'll see.
















2 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW! Life has a way of kicking our butts, making us cry, and then making us smile and laugh. I'm sorry to hear about the child support/child custody battle thing. I'm going through the same thing with child support and it's gotten to the point when I do even request it anymore, nor do I depend on it. It comes so few and far between and when it DOES come, the amount is a joke. Sigh.

    Although you may have to work some things out, the job opportunity sounds exciting! Just know that everything will work out as it's supposed to work out. I'm a firm believer in THAT.

    Stay strong hun. And reach out if you need someone to talk to. I'm here for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly appreciated Alicia...btw my week thus far has been exponentially better! :) I've lost 1.5 lbs of the 3 I gained, I'm back in the gym. Finally filled out preschool paperwork for Liam and I'm passing Anatomy lol. God is good, even when we doubt him

      Delete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)