Sunday, June 24, 2012

La Quince

Yesterday Liam and I went to a Quinceanera of a close family friend (my family have known this family for about 11-12 years now) and they are the best kind of people! :) My little Alejandra (or Alex as she goes by now) is finally a woman! :) :'). I feel like a proud older sister. Most of the kids in the family I have know since they were Liam's age or younger and they are now all school age, most middle and a few in high school. One of them even has a baby of her own now and will be starting college, majoring in Nursing, this Fall. I'm so very proud of all my kids :).

Liam danced up a storm last night haha! Now you all know that I love my latin music and of course put all sorts of music in rotation at home, but since this was mi familia mexicana...pues, we had to do it in traditional Cumbia, Zapateado and Durangese style with some sprinklings of reggaeton. And Cumbia is my 1st love of all Latin music. It's the salsa of Mexico & Central America. :) Liam's fast azz even approached some older girls to dance (like ages 15-17). I'm all the way over him right now! :)

Here's some pics of the night of fun we had! Now one thing y'all should  know if you don't -when people of color (aNY COLOR) party...we PARTAY! Liquor, music and mad dancing lol :) That's a good time in my book. *excuse the quality of these pics*

 Chambelàns

 the start of the festejando lol

 me trying to get a good pic and Liam trying to check out the dancing

 floor filling up :)

 La reina del party - Alex

 caught him off guard while we were seated cenando

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely agree with that one -- when people of color party, we PARTY! We go IN!!! LOL. I love me some bachata and reggaeton!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)