Friday, June 22, 2012

Looking Up, Out & Ahead

After the amazingly shitastic week I had last week,the tides have certainly changed. Once I snapped out of moping and really put some things into perspective, my mood and my week headed for the better. I have been trying to do something new every morning. My goal is to, upon waking, thank God for five things in my life. It can be anything, but I just have to do it.

This morning:

1) that I'm alive
2) Liam's sleeping, healthym happy body next to mine
3) that I have come so far in this weight loss journey
4) that mom and dad are ok
5) that I had enough money to pay bills this week and buy myself and Liam something extra

So let's recap the good this week:
1) got asked to do a DVD review for my blog for the company Copy-Kids. REALLY excited about this because I am totally behind the company's mission which is to get kids eating healthier by copying other kids eat their fruits and veggies. Since I'm on my lifestyle change, I'm all about this!

2) Got a little OT at work

3) am in the process of FINALLY reaching a settlement agreement with the Other (Liam's sperm donor). I'm hoping and praying for this to work out. That would mean no trial and much less money I'd have to spend.

4) Good grades

5) had some amazing workouts!

6) bought some much needed new and cute clothes (i'll do a style post)

7) got to bond with some of the kids at my library job

8) felt damn good about myself

9) got to spend some extra QT with Liam :)


1 comment:

  1. I really love the idea that you're thanking God for at least five things in your life. I always start my day out with prayer and if I forget, Aiden reminds me. Gotta love that kid. There's so much we can complain about, but having a heart of gratitude really does make a HUGE difference.

    Can't wait to read that review and good luck with the setlement!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)