Sunday, June 5, 2011

Poetry Pause

New Your City

I'm trying to capture her in that area of my mind
I want to remember her just like this: urban and demure.

She changed me forever,
changed the course of the life I was sure I wanted,
was sure I was going to have.

She houses that place on Central Park West where I first explored, dreamed and struggled,
she is the Upper East Side where I had foolish, drunken nights.
she is Rockaway where I feel in love with the devil himself.
She is that Jamaica 'hood where I spent my entire pregnancy.

She helped me give birth to my Liam right there on 59th between 9th and 10th.
She is Nassau County where I feel in love again,
soaked up my angry, heartbroken tears on Sunrise Highway and LIRR.

She is just as beautiful as she is evil,
that cruel bitch forced my change from naive @ 18 to Mom @ 21.
She got me just like I got her, even though we had our differences,
She made me believe anything was possible...


original piece by Cicely N. Carter written 6/2/2011 - currently rough draft unfinished
sole intellectual propety and original concept of Cicely N. Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)