Monday, November 14, 2011

#Random Post: Rihanna - music opinion

I am not normally a HUGE fan of singers. I have a great respect for artists and musicians and those whole evolve in their craft. I'm not always into her style and hair choices, but even though Rihanna doesn't have the best voice, her music IS changing, evolving and she is GROWING as an artist. As Jay-Z's protege, he couldn't really ask for me. I read a stat where she is either tied with Janet Jackson's record or has already suprassed it for most #1 singles! That shit kray! lol. I will be the first to admit when Rihanna first came out I didn't think she would last because her image was too sqeuaky clean and her facade was not believable to me...

Since then, her music has gotten grittier, sexier and much more real. That is in part to her growing up and changing as a person and the unwavering skill of these people writing her songs hit after hit. Her two newest singles "We Found Love" and "You Da One" are truly in line with the type of hits she has been putting out in recent years and I truly don't think she is going anywhere soon. I purchased her last CD "Loud" and wasn't impressed much beyond her standout singles, but I do think with the two afromentioned leading singles I will either purchase those from iTunes or possibly even buy her next studio effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg00YEETFzg&feature=BFa&list=HL1321278083&lf=mh_lolz  "We Found Love"

"You Da One" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nttL0SXLBZE&feature=BFa&list=HL1321278083&lf=mh_lolz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)