Wednesday, February 8, 2012

ADN @ EKU

So here are some of the things going on with me and my quest to start school again and work on my 2nd degree to become a RN.

The school I am applying to has a great program! Ample parking compared to other schools in the area and VERY reasonably priced with lots of diversity/nursing scholarships.
I am applying for admission for Summer 2012 and admission to the ADN program Fall 2012? This is still up in the air b/c the admission test I would have to take is next week Feb 18 or I can wait til April which seems like a MUCH better idea.  If I don't get into the program for Fall 2012, I am going to reapply for Spring 2013 and just spend the Summer and Fall busting out some of the science and nutrition classes.

I have to take an admissions test b/c if you took the ACT before 2007 (i took in 2005/2006) then they don't have your scores online and you have to do it through mail which takes 3-6 weeks. My deadline for admissions in March 1.

So what I'm thinking makes more sense to do now is apply to the college for admissions now. Get a start on my science/lab classes and then possibly be able to start my Nursing classes in January 2013 when I am accepted into the program. That makes sense to me! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea Cici. Nursing is one of those degrees where you can keep going back to school after a few years to move up the professional ladder. It' not like becoming a doctor which is all or nothing career.
    I've taken Anatomy and Physiology 1 & 2 so if you need any help please call me. I'm so excited with what the future holds for you and Liam. It might take you longer to move back to NYC but it's a relief to know that you will have a degree which will allow you to get a good paying job to raise your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl for the support! I had ruled nursing out years ago b/c I really had a misconception of what nurses do! Now that I know I can bring my love of helping people LOOK & feel better, I'm pretty sure it is the right thing for me :)

      Delete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)