Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Dating Debacle

So I have an interest in this guy. He lives in NYC (of course) lol and he seems like a really great guy. Here are some of the issues I am having:

1) now that I have decided to go back to school to get my nursing degree, it puts me being here in Kentucky waaaay longer than I planned to (i probably won't be in the financial position to move until 2014 now *sigh*)

2) he is 13 years older than me and is JUST NOW returning to college after like a 17 year hiatus (if I thought to have a future with him, he would still be in the struggling student phase by the time I already began my career as a nurse)

3) If something more did transpire from the situation that we have, the only option is to have a long distance relationship (for the time being) which for me is not an option because I won't do it. I've done it before and I don't want to go through it again. Given the nature of my situation, I don't think leaving school in Kentucky to transfer to NY is the best idea. I need to be working and making $ when I move back. I cannot have an almost 2 year long distance relationship. That would f-in suck. Because of school for both of us, it would truly limit the time we would be able to see each other.

4) in the future he wants kids, I can honestly say I'm not 100% sure if I want anymore at all! I think about it from time to time and I'm really fine with just Liam. He has brought amazing amounts of joy, love and challenges to my life. I'm not sure how he would feel about a sibling.  Obviously NOT now, but if I don't have another 1 by 33, I'm certainly closing up shop for good. When I am in my 30s, he will be closer to 50..yikes!


Hmm, I'm just gonna see how this plays out...*sigh* The life of a single mom :) lol

2 comments:

  1. On the topic of having more kids - I think that until you are at a point where you are financially stable and in a good marriage/relationship, you won't know if you want another child. For example, right now in my crazy mind I want four kids but if in 5 years, I see that I can't give 4 kids the life I want for them to have (ie, house, good education, traveling, spending quality time with them) then I will be happy with just 2.
    Also Liam might want a younger sibling or he might no but there will be times where he will be upset, sad or annoyed. Family does that to you. lol! but it doesn't mean he wouldn't love his younger brother or sister.

    On the dating - I don't have any experience in this matter but I know the kind of life I want. I need a guy who is gonna work hard to provide for us. At least he is going back to school instead of staying at a dead end job. As long as he is serious about getting his degree I wouldn't hold it against him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol girl I can wait on the kids tho...fa real! Like u sed I want to be married 1st (which was always my original plan) and even then, I just don't know.
      And you're right at least he has acknowledged where he went wrong...but sometimes I just want more...is it too much to ask to meet a great guy who is older than me, has his ish together and when I finally catch up in 3-4 years will be ready to take the next step with me? *sigh* lol

      Delete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)