Monday, February 13, 2012

Wedding Bells...not for me of course!

So it seems to be that time of year again, where EVERYONE is getting engaged and planning their happily ever afters. I am so veyr happy for the 3 people I know who will be wed next year, but it also makes me have an even sadder outlook on the way my life was supposed to be. Somehow, someway I thought it would be me getting married around this age. Back when I was 16/17, I just KNEW that I would be married by 25, kids by 30. That was the plan and I was sticking to it...until I turned 21...then all of that was out of the window.

Now with all the things I've been through, I somehow think marriage is just a pipedream. I wanted to be a young bride (like in the 24-27 range) and I wanted to have an amazing time with my husband before we welcomed our first kiddies into the world...not turning out like that. Obviously before I get married I would have to find A) someone worthy of marrying B) someone who wants to marry me.

I would like to believe that there is someone out there who is ready to be A and will want B, but I dont know. Each passing month I spend in this state, I realize I am wasting my "marrying years" (lol a colloquialism of course). Maybe marriage is not for me. Maybe God put this wonderful deviation from my well thought out dreams/plans because this is what and who I am meant to be. Maybe I should just embrace my role as a single mom and focus on my health and growing my handsome little boy into a handsome, educated, mannerly and respectful man. Maybe this is where I belong in life....

With those thought I can honestly say it makes me sad. Not that motherhood is not the best thing that's happened to me, but I sometimes feel like my life ends now. I have no problem with thinking for the both of us and making those decisions, but I'm inclined to believe that I will never have 25 years of marriage like my M&D or 56 (?) years of matrimony like my grandparents. It truly makes me sad. I don't think I am THAT bad, I've known worse people to get married lol. But for whatever reason, God does not see that as an option anywhere in my forseeable future.

So maybe I should just push the notion of getting married out of my head at all. When Liam is grown and gets married himself, I can focus on being a great mother in law and a great Grandma. I can do what I always do and divert the sadness I feel about my situation in the love for caring and nuturing someone else...Am I really a loser for wanting to be happy with not only my career and motherhood but also with someone else other than my family and friends?  I only really thought about this seriously when I was pregnant with Liam...I realized finally at that point around 5/6 months pregnant that I was going to be a single mom, I would NEVER marry the man I was a having a child with and that my plans may permanently be derailed. Sometimes that realization just makes it's way back to my consciousness and I can't shake the feeling, the seemingly inevitable that while raising Liam and especially when he leaves home to start his own life, I will be alone forever....WOW...

1 comment:

  1. It's funny sometimes how things work I'm sure things will all fall into place the way they're meant to be! Good luck

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)