Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Final Law School Decisions 2011 edition

I made this list back in November 2010, I have since had much to think about and cosider since then and have somewhat revised those same decisions. So here is my new list. I will now be applying for 2013 admission. I am going to do this before I am 30.

Harvard - A definite REACH, but I figured what the hell?! - would be awesome, but maybe not practical even if i got in! high cost of living and rent and who would watch Poops? i didnt read about on-site daycare facilities
          
Hofstra Law- they have an awesome fellowship program dealing with Child and Family law. I'm very interested in this and it would be an awesome way to start my career as a family court judge. They have both a PT & Ft program which gives me options. They are located in Hempstead, L.I. which drives the cost of living down somewhat for me. I will of course need a car, but I will be in the financial position to afford it esp if I get the fellowship.

Fordham - Fordham  is #3 school in NYC, but doesnt fare so well nationally in rankings. I do like that the school is located near 59th street. They also have a great English M.A. program which is right up my writer's alley! So a dual degree is what I would consider doing here. They also have a Child/Family fellowship program and one of the top ranked PT/night programs in the nation! As we all know living in nyc is expensive enough without adding $50,000/yr + in law school debt!

UK Law - it's a good enough school, I just don't know if I can stomach KY living again! They don't have a dual M.A. program in what I would want (an MFA that is) - cheapest option

U of Cincinnati - great choice b/c it's close to family, but not in KY AND i can get in state tuition, not sure how i feel about their program overall - 2nd cheapest option

This is going to be a difficult decision no matter what. Let's just pray I get into a variety of schools so that my options are more open. I have to blow the LSAT out of the water! ALL the way! My top 2 choices are Fordham and Hofstra based on location and other factors. I want to be back in my 2nd home, equally pursuing both of my dreams!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're back on your path to becoming a lawyer. I'm back at school but I'm already researching what school I'm going to go to for my bachelors. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)