Friday, October 1, 2010

Just me Cicely

I am up for God knows what reason, thinking about my life. I am eternally optimistic about my future and have learned in 22 yrs of life that there is more than 1 way to get to where I need and want to go. One thing I love about NYC is that for all the n'er-do-wells that are here, u find just as many positive and motivated individuals. I'm friends with future doctors,  future lawyers, classically trained dancers, makeup artists, business men and women, photographers, artists, working college students and people from all walks of life. I truly believe that we feed off each other's ambition and energy.
This is what makes the world go round. I have promised myself that I will complete my goals by age 30! This means agency represented plus size model AND law school grad and bar member in the state(s) i choose. My son will have the most amazing life I can give him (i.e. having mom around and indulging a little bit). God instilled in me an internal ticker and a never fading light. When I get the fervor to do something, a force just drives me to that goal and i'm holding on for the ride.

Future Lawyer - I have the LSAC Forum to attend
Model - Today I find out if I got picked for the fashion show
Mama- I have to get things straight with Liam's insurance to ensure we can see the doctor October 20

Good night

2 comments:

  1. Let me tell you, that you are amazing! Liam is going to have the best example he can ever dreamed of in you. And you're right, we all feed off each other's positivity. So, always remember, I'm right behind you and whenever in doubt, you look at that little man you got at home and how much he loves you!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. I grew up moving from apartment so I have this house in mind. The place where my kids will be born in and live in until they go away to college. And I don't care if I have to read 20 pages every week from a sociology textbook and write 300 words on "systems of stratification" to get a step closer to my degree. I understand your struggle and I know one day we will see the promises of God in our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)