Monday, January 10, 2011

Bad News Mama, Good News Model

So here I am again, on the day of my fated decision. I havent decided anything...YET. In my heart I know where I want to be, but if the other forces of nature don't come together to make it happen, it just won't be a possiblity. Apparently an apartment share with a woman and small child is 2nd only to having the plague or some or highly communicable disease...makes me remember the days when I was 7.5 months preggo + and scoruing apartment listing in Brooklyn and Queens.

The places I have inquired about thus far are almost mini suites within a bigger apartment that would allow a bedroom and office type small room or a bedroom and another room that could be used as a sitting area/living room. No luck with any of those wanting babies around. I'm not crazy, I get it! If I was a single person w/o kids, I can't honestly say I'd want a little snot nose running around either...but in this case the snot nose is mine and well where I go , he goes. Obviously our best bet is to try for our OWN apartment...but yea with the millions of $ I make a year...baahaha. It also doesnt help that b/c of my careless ways in my late teens, I jacked my credit. I am paying off the debts now, but it won't begin to positively affect my credit score for another few months at the least!!

The employment situation is kind of middle ground news, not great not terrible. If i take the FT position. With the 2 freelance positions I will gain about an extra 20 hours a month. That pretty much means working 6 sometimes 7 days a week, but hey I actually wouldn't mind.

Good news in the modeling world....
I'm signing up for a runway workshop to take place January 22. Yep I'm excited
and I got an email from a photog who wants to work with me TFCD for a beauty shoot for an online hair/makeup magazine...that will take place January 23...Umm yep excited again :)

I will keep you guys updated...back to apt hunting *sigh*

FLMM

1 comment:

  1. Happy for you dear. Found you through @YoungFabMamma

    Love to see strong smart women making strides. Thats a good opportunity if you get to work more and gain exposure.

    Be sure to visit me at www.workingmomjournal.com

    I am now a regular visitor :)

    Blessing
    info@workingmomjournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)