Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wheels in My Head Turn Round & Round…Pros vs. Cons

            So it is 4:41 AM and of course my mind is running 238 mph. I am just thinking, planning, figuring out sooo many things. One thing that has been weighing on my mind is that you must take risks in life and that most of the times when there is an important decision to be made, it is never quick or easy to reach a decision. I have been thinking about the plans that I have and how to get there. Each option that I have laid out before me has its own pros and cons and so to clear my head of the stuff rolling around up there I’m going to write them down
KY Pros
*save more $ essentially/reduced cost of living (assuming I find a job within the first 60 days of my moving back to KY)
*unlimited familial support J
*no rent
*no babysitting woes
KY Cons
*for my career/life plans, it is not where I want to be
*may not be able to find a job within a reasonable time frame (c.c. debt and student loans are lingering)
*I can still work on my LLC, but won’t be able to bring in as much revenue b/c of smaller population
*slow pace of well EVERYTHING
*limited modeling opps

NYC Cons
*EXPENSIVE
*more difficulty coordinating childcare
*less $ for play
*b/c of distance less support (babysitting/monetary) from Mom & Dad

NYC Pros
*FT employment offer (benefits after 3 months)
*2 Freelance positions
*Gma #2 and friends for Liam support
*can get Esthetics license (PT about 10 months) – personal development for LLC and also other employment opportunities
*LSAT prep course with Mrs. Nelson
*modeling
*more cultural opps for me and Poops (need to take advantage of)
*M-F work schedule @ FT job (1 Saturday/month)
*overall better employment opps for the things I want to do
*can begin to tackle debt immediately
*WLS
*HRA assistance (food stamps, Medicaid and child care)
*start, develop and bring in revenue for my LLC
*law school!




1 comment:

  1. Whatever you decide, I hope it works out for you. At least you have a plan and as long as you put forth the effort, wherever you are, you can accomplish it. =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)