Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wordsmith Wednesday

So whenever I have an abundance of emotions, I turn to my trusted friend: POETRY. Here is a raw poem (no edits, no revisions - just as it flowed from my brain to the paper) that I jotted down yesterday on the back of my resume while returning from a job interview:

Unmaking - 1/4/2011

How did I fall so far?
To be nowhere near childhood dreams?
 I failed the test,
exhausted all auxiliary of things divine.

 Now it's me
twenty-three
4 year degree
raising my own family
law school dreams
and I can't come up with a scheme...
to deliver me to my destination

I pray and pray
and awake
to the same shit every day.

Past depression,
I feel the world's compression
of my soul
my heart
my brain

I'm tipping  the scale of all things sane

I only love Liam,
even more than myself.

*all above words, ideas and poetry is the sole property of creator/writer Cicely N. Carter. Any theft or borrowing of above work is a direct violation of copyright law*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)