Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mommyssori? lol Formerly Known as Cicelyssori

The above mentioned are names that I joked with one of my bosses about in terms of educating Liam for preschool. I have check out several options in the Central KY area and well...needless to say Preschool of any sort is a whole bunch of f#$%in' money. *sigh* Earlier this year I did read some books on at-home montessori/ home school and also found some blogs and did research online.

While I realize home schooling Liam for preschool would require a LOT of effort on my part, I do believe that Mom and Dad can pitch in and that if traditional preschool does not work out because of money constraints, I am more than willing to do it.

I have a basic groundwork/layout in mind already. The room I am currently typing in "the computer room" would become our class room. We would begin school around the same time as Fayete county and I'd make sure we'd have the same breaks. I would only do school with him about 3 hours per day 4-5 days per week and that would leave enough time for me to go to the gym and still work both jobs.

Subjects to be covered:
Art - this is very important to me
Music - equally important
Environmental Science - I just mean we would explore our backyard and parks, take trips to Children's exploratorium etc
Math - for his age basic counting and understanding the concept of 1 ball and 1 ball means 2 balls, etc.
Reading/writing - that would mostly be a focus on alphabet and sounds
World/social studies - which would include themes broken down on a 3/4 year old level

This is a HUGE undertaking! But I think all of us are up to the challenge! I would do progress reports and keep charts of his successes. :)

Mama's on a mission!
Cicely

1 comment:

  1. Although I think it's best for young children to be in pre-school where they can learn how to socialize with other kids and also become independent, I understand that in your situation you are limited.

    I'm a sunday school teacher for kids about the same age and it's not exactly the same thing but I'm always willing to help you out with anything you need.

    During my time as a Sunday school teacher I learn... 1. kids are way smarter than we believe. 2. they loove stickers. lol. seriously i bought one pack a year ago for a $1 and I'm still handing out those damn stars every Sunday. lmbo! and 3. the dollar store is your best friend.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)