Monday, December 19, 2011

Passing Me Right On By

I look at some of my friends. There are ones struggling just like me, but doing it. There are ones who have attained success and there are the ones that are almost there. I am still trying my damndest to figure out how to make it, at anything that I am doing and currently the solution to that problem escapes me. I know what I want to do, I just don't know exactly how to do it. I'm feeling kinda lost again. Kentucky is sooooo limited in terms of opportunities. I started applying for jobs in beauty again because that's where the money is and that is TRULY what I want to do.

I'm just discouraged and in this instance my parents are zero help. They keep telling me to wait, wait and more f-in' wait. Weight is what bogged down the wagon as the saying goes. People keep telling me, "oh you're so young, you have time". I'm not that young and I don't have that much time. I have a baby to take care of, my life is no longer my own. I'm almost 2 f-in 4 years old...there is no end in sight. I feel like I have regressed. I'm not achieving anything in my life. My bachelor's degree doesnt mean shit b/c I can't make a career out of it. The jobs I want to work, are not hiring in my area. I can't even afford to move yet because I don't make enough money.

I'm losing steam, patience and my mind during this process. I'm trying to realize my dreams and provide for my son...is this even possible anymore?! Have I dreamed too big, is this where it all ends for me?! Is everything I envisioned just that: a vision? How do I turn this into reality? And I will be thinking about this...

Until again,
Cicely

5 comments:

  1. I totally understand how you feel. I'm about to graduate but I already know that this degree is not going to be enough to get me where I want to be. But I just keep saying, "Lord, you know where I wanna go. You more than anyone know the vision I have so I know some how you gonna get me there." And I just take things day by day.

    I hate when people say that we have a lot of time because we're young. Hello, I have plans and things I want to do and places I want to go. I'm twenty three now but I remember graduating from high school like it was this morning. Time flies really fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! You know we have those days where u r just like "man, what now?" I need to do more praying and less worrying for starters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold onto your dreams they are not too big anything is possible if you work hard enough for it. Sometimes things seem unreachable especially as a single mother but it doesn't mean that it's impossible. Good luck! Thanks for following me I'm now doing the same cant wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words!! :) I am totally looking forward to stalking ur blog as well lol! :) Happy holidays and I hope u and ur pretty lil lady enj

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)