Tuesday, December 6, 2011

When Mom & Career Come to a Crossroads...

I have had an overload of thoughts and emotions and back and forth about this issue for sometime. Well pretty much since Liam has been born! I am 23, soon to be 24, a single mother working PT & random freelance hours living with her parents with a 2 year old! Sheesh! Life is grand *sarcasm*. I have student loan debt, medical bills to pay off and credit card debt to pay off...WOW! I'm really in pretty deep. The main debate I am having right now is what to do in my career and with my career.

I would REALLY like to go to beauty school to be licensed as a cosmetologist and/esthetician in order to open up some more doors in my budding beauty career. I am currently financially and geographically limited to a few (well 2 opportunities). Option A) I can take a 1,000 hr esthetics course in Louisville (some 70 is miles away) PT for 10-11 months {think gas, time on the road, work and Liam *sigh* overwhelming to say the least} OR Option B) right here in Lexington attend a 1800 hr cosmetology course FT and ONLY work weekends, meaning I'd have to give up my job at the library. If I take Option A, I can begin as soon as January and still work at the library. If I take Option B, the earliest I can begin is May!

Then there comes the prospect of careers in beauty I'd like to do and what actually works out as something that I can do: I'd love to be an Education Artist or Area Trainer. The problem there is I'd be travelling 75-90% of the time and I'd NEVER get to see my son. even for a starting salary of $45,000-50,000/yr, it wouldn't be worth the time I'd miss with him.

Then, what about my MLM company? I am taking the weight loss supplement V3 currently, but don't think I am really interested in selling it as much as I am in getting a discount on the product as an associate. I was introduced to the company Isagenix by a friend of mine and would probably pursue that option. If it worked out, I would actually quit the library sooner and begin beauty school and be able to work on marketing that business and doing my makeup in my cousin's shop! Jeez! So many decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)