Friday, January 13, 2012

"Girl Look At That Body...I Work Out"

So today's topic in the ever so prevalent field of fitness...BODS. More specifically body image.

Check out this provocative spread from Plus Model Mag : http://lifestyle.aol.co.uk/2012/01/12/plus-size-magazine-says-most-fashion-models-have-anorexic-bmi/


I really thought all my body image problems went away when I became pregnant with Liam. I was hot. Literally because I was pregnant the entire summer of 2009 and 'cuz I was feeling myself. My skin was glowing. I lost about 25 lbs. I wore dresses. I liked the way my new pregnant bod fit in clothes. It was one of the most empowering times for me. I loved it.

Fast forward Spring 2010, I had gained back the weight I'd lost while pregnant and then some! Imagine my horror. I was not so happy with my bod anymore and I was stressed! Back in class full time and working all the time and it was not a good mental or physical state for me to be in.

Then 2011, I tipped the scales at the highest weight of my life and I had to take action!!! I've lost 23 lbs since August 28, 2011 and I'm still not happy with my body.

Let me count the ways:

1) I hate that I have stretch marks (they cant go away, just be reduced in size and color), so ok I can live with that.
2) Cellulite is gross and so not cute lol (they have creams for that though which actually do work)
3) My love handles & general flab accumulation in my waist area. I have lost about 6 inches in the waist and STILL can't rock with this area of my body.
4) my thighs they have always been something I disliked. From girlhood they have always been a prominent feature

*sigh* but really what can be done? I hit the gym 3-4 times a week, work w/ a trainer 2 times a week & started the Isagenix program. I am doing all in my power so for now my flaws will stay.

So what about you guys? What is an area/areas you would like to change? What makes you self conscious? Spill the beans lol ;-)

5 comments:

  1. I was thinking the other day that it's hard to have a healthy body image with the type of women you see on tv. I would really love to have an hourglass figure even if I was a size 20. But nope I am stuck with an apple shape, which is the worst shape if you ask me.

    To answer your question, I really dislike this gut. These chichos as we Dominicans call it. But I promised myself that when I get dressed on December 31, 2012 this gut will be at least half the size it was last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Katherine - thanks for answering honestly! I don't think an apple is the WORST. I mean you could have NO curves lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For my my stomach has always been my issue. I hate that I have muffin top. It seems impossible to get rid of!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugggh i totally feel ur pain lol :) thanks for the reponse.

      Delete
  4. Even though people call me skinny and whatever, Only I know how self conscious I am. I'm so not confident about my body for many reasons : my stretch marks on my legs/buttock :x ! , cellulite on my legs, and recently my growing belly and lovehandles :/
    It just annoys me about this whole "image" that the media portrays but thats something that wont ever change I feel, and obviously its only getting worse.
    Recently, ive tried to stop caring about it and just in general trying to eat healthier and just have a healthy body. Time to time, i think about working out my legs and bottom body but get lazy too.
    anyhow, thought id share that not only "big" people have these issues, but i feel like im in the same boat. I guess its really about how comfortable you are with ur body, and more importantly, how Healthy ur body is! =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)