Friday, January 20, 2012

News Break: Violent sex crimes by U.S. Army soldiers rise: report

http://news.yahoo.com/violent-sex-crimes-u-army-soldiers-rise-report-002201611.html

As a person who totally supports our troops and knows people and is related to people in all branches of the military, this makes me sad. In general, I don't think we (as a country) do enough for our American troops. We send them to war on multiple tours and they come back and often have inadequate resources to adapt to living a civilian life. I would like to see the Department of Defense's strategic plan for dealing with these issues. These troops (mostly male) are in dire need of mental health/behavorial counseling.

What can we do as a country to help these men and women? What would you do in this situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)