Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Boobies, Booties & Bikinis

Since the onset of Spring, I have been eyeing bathing suits left and right. I keep thinking about with my transforming body what will work the best. Then I kept seeing articles about bodacious babes in bikinis. like this one : http://jezebel.com/5880552/brazils-plus+size-bikini-enthusiasts-make-waves or the latest post from plus size fashion blogger Gabi Fresh: http://www.gabifresh.com/2012/04/i-just-got-back-from-fantastic-trip-to.html

Now I know that I'm 24 years old and over 200 lbs, it is time to wear my first bikini! Sounds crazy but this 43 lbs that I've lost is really changing my perception of myself and the view I have of my body.

Now the first obvious impediment is that fact that there is NO beach anywhere near us! NONE

The second...but am I really going to wear it out of the house...AND have photographic evidence? lol

The third...what style will I wear.To answer the last question, here are some options I'm REALLY feeling:

"Sao Paulo" High-Waisted Plus Size Bikini - Black  Monif C. Sao Paulo High-waisted Bikini
which is now of course sold out! $128

http://www.lehona.com.br/pdf/lehona_moda_praia_plus_size.pdf This is the link to the Lehona swimsuit line (Brazilia moda of course. I LOVE almost all of these, I'd only wear 2-3 but they are all well made and versatile.Some are even reversible)

I also came across this beauty from modcloth.com in a google search a retro option

So I say come on Summer. To be honest I won't REALLY be debuting my swimwear til the END of the Summer, but better late than never right?  I'm ready to debut my bikini bod for the first time ever :).

Do any of you out there have the guts to wear a bikini? If so how do you wear your bikini? :)


5 comments:

  1. Great outlook on the new you. Make your own beach in your backyard if you have to but where you bikini outside...

    Love this article maybe I'll wear one too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the support! :) And yes I think I will just have to make Carter Beach in our yard. I will be sure to post the pictures :)

      Delete
  2. thank u! I subbed to ur blogger! Love the fashions! Can't wait for future posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hardly wear bikinis anymore, but I find great monochinis and one pieces to wear. I'm totally feeling THAT bikini though. DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wooo chile! If and when it comes back in stock, I'm on it. I'm only sad it's not available in blue!! :)

      Delete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)