Thursday, April 26, 2012

Why I Can't Wait til My 40th Birthday!

Some people are gonna think I'm crazy for writing this post, but I am over my 20s. Dead and gone. Don't get me wrong, I DO enjoy being "young" but since having a baby at 21 and graduating college a year after that, I've had mostly work and hardly any play. I look at it like this: I can have flashes of fun now, but my main goal and concern is to raise my son upright and provide for him. Shaking my ass on a regular basis doesn't fall into that. So around 39/40 when Liam should be off to college or at least 18 years old...here are some things I'm going to accomplish:

1) getting my MFA in Creative Wtg - and I'm paying my own tuition or scholarships, but NO loans

2) traveling the world for months at a time and writing and photographing - that would be the life!!!

3) treating myself ALL the time. Weekly manis, pedis and waxing and hair did on the regular

4) working on writing a book about my life

5) still continuing to write poetry

6) hitting up lounges/concerts/events because I really wasn't able to in the past

7) enjoying every moment of life

8) being debt free or damn near

9)   dating...or maybe not! Just enjoying myself and the company of other adults

10) work on still being the best mom I can be and the transition my little boy will make from teen to young adult!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)