Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Date with D.D.

As thus far one of the only things that has gone right about my past few days in NYC. DD and I went on our first date. I was nervous as hell and opted for my default "all black everything". In my defense, it was a nice midi skirt and long sleeve shirt with a little spandex in it and everything fit nice.  I decided to wear some nude wedges and add some more dimension to the outfitI really didn’t think I looked first date ready, but again the custody issues were hanging over me. I almost didn’t go because my mood was that down. Since Mom agreed to stay in with Poops (since we still had him with us), I had the night to myself. This was Sunday night into Monday (weeelllll into Monday –no NOT like that. Get your mind outta the gutter please lol). With the mood I was in and all the custody ish weighing me down I told him all I could honestly use was a drink (or eight lol) and nice conversation. And because I was running on CP time I ended up being like 20 minutes late, he didn’t mind luckily. He greeted me with that wonderful smile of his and a nice, warm hug. He decided we should hit up a little dive bar in Little Italy and had some great conversation over tequila shots lol (no really-again my choice).

I knew my feet would be hurting so I brought my flats. When my feet couldn’t take it anymore, he carried my other shoes (Nine West wedges and at one point I even got him to carry my purse lol). We finished the drinks and convo and headed to a little Mexican bar/restaurant that happened to be closed and the bartender was nice enough to let us come in and have some Margaritas since he and some friends were still there drinking it up anyways. After that we walked over to a little pub and had another drink and a nice conversation right up until the bar closed (remember this is NYC on Easter Sunday around 2 am). From there we hit a hookah bar/lounge in Soho, listened to music and stayed for a little bit. *Random side note* -This Haitian guy (yes, he told me he was Haitian) pulled me aside on my way back from the bathroom and was asking what I was doing with “this white guy”, which I politely responded that he was my date. The guy proceeds to tell me that he could treat me better and that if we left then DD wouldn’t even notice lol. All I could do was laugh. I wasn’t drunk, just feeling a little nice. But that was a hot ass mess! I digress. Back to date night: At that point it was waaay past my bedtime and time to head back to Brooklyn lol. He was such a gentleman and in true, manly, chivalrous fashion paid for everything, held doors open like he was supposed to, pulled out chairs, held my hand down some questionable stairs, helped me in his truck (or the limo as we jokingly called it all night). He gave me his coat when the temperature dropped later in the night and he was great.
We decided to grab a bite to eat at a 24 hour diner a couple miles across Manhattan Bridge on the Brooklyn side. We had hot chocolate and huevos rancheros. After that it was home time and he needed to leave for a class he had in the morning. So we headed to my sublet I don’t think either of us were ready for the night (well morning by this time) to end. He parked in front of the building. I stayed in the car until the sun came up literally, we talked, we kissed and I had an amazing time. We enjoyed each other’s company from about 10:45 Sunday night until 6:15 Monday morning. I never got bored and I wasn’t even really that tired. He is a Tony the Tiger Grrrrreat kisser btw lol. He also has some of the most intense blue eyes I have ever seen. We had a running joke about him having X-Ray vision and in a way I don’t doubt it. He has a way of looking that sees right into you, hard to explain but very captivating.
As someone who hasn’t been taken on a REAL ADULT date ever, (not even when I was actually dating Liam’s father) it felt good to be treated like a lady, a woman. To have someone put care into the little things. To have things done with no expectations is wonderful. I think this is certainly my most successful date thus far. I feel very comfortable with him, there were no akward moments. I truly think he was the breath of fresh air I needed. In all honesty, he makes me feel like a teenage dream…Yes, I mean the Katy Perry kind. You have to realize although this is our first “date” we have been talking since mid-December, so this is about four months in the making. I am so looking forward to seeing him Wednesday and hell, maybe even another day after that if his schedule permits. If nothing else comes out of this and we remain in contact and just as friends, I now have a standard to which all my future dates have to look up to and it is HIGH! J

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I love this! It's so refreshing to go on a good date! Like a GOOD date. LOL. I'm glad you two had a great time. I mean, if you didn't leave his car till the sun came up, then that's DEF a good sign! Are you on cloud nine right now? I would be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! I'm in total like. I have that giddy teenage feeling. :-) Cloud 19 would be more accurate. This renews my hope in maybe one day REALLY being able to find someone for the long term.

      Delete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)