Thursday, April 19, 2012

Travel Review - Air BnB

The best part about this post is that I'm NOT being paid by AirBnB to do it! lol I just enjoyed the experience so much I had to blog about it!

I found www.airbnb.com in a Google search I conducted back in March. I needed a place to stay in NYC for a week that wasn't going to cost much over $500.  The website is extremely user-friendly and uber social in that it's kind of like a meet up for travelers. You make a profile, can included a picture or pictures, type a little blurb about yourself and you can even include a short vid about.

Through a couple of days search I found the perfect place. My criteria was a little tricky because I needed a place that was also child-friendly because my son was going to be there for the first couple of nights. Once you find a place that works within your budget/qualifications and has time available for you, you contact the host and submit a request to stay at the property. I submitted my request for a 1 bedroom apartment in Brooklyn and was approved the next day. Once you are approved for the property and your payment goes through, Air BnB reveals the host's contact information to you and vice versa. I contacted my host shortly afterwards and worked out the details of my trip.My host was a lovely woman named Stephanie who has a property in the up and coming area of Ditmas Park. For the things I had to do on my visit, it was perfect! I was near Queens and there was ample parking. The neighborhood is a growing/changing one and there are so many little spots for wine and good eats. I was enamored when we first arrived.

My check-in was seamless. I picked up the keys from the neighbor and was all set. My host left a list of important phone numbers for me and kept in contact through text during my stay. I truly had an amazing, hassle free time on this visit thanks to the ease of Air BnB and of course the helpful efforts of my host.

Pros of Air Bnb:
*ability to customize a search for the right place for you to stay
*world wide travel accomodations
*great prices ranges
*hassle free payment
*secure payments
*user friendly website layout
*constant notifications of status change/messages from hosts
*didn't feel like privacy was invaded. I like the fact you don't have anyone's contact info until the payment has been accepted


Cons of AirBnb: 
*none! :) My only wish would be that I had the ability to travel and use their service more :)

Here's my profile over on their website: http://www.airbnb.com/users/show/1937441

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)