Thursday, November 4, 2010

Annoyed and Ready to Get My @$$ On to L-school

The prospects of me getting a job anytime soon are looking REALLY slim. My plan was to have landed a much better job back in August, be caught up with all my bills and breeze outta here in February...WOMP!WOMP! not gonna happen that way. It looks like I'm gonna have to use my hard earned tax return $ to pay off not only the remainder of my rent balance, but also my utilities, and the cost to move back to KY. This roughly translate to half of my tax $ gone :/. So I will have to put my Freelance makeup business on hold and look for a new job imme-jiat-ly upon arriving home, actually for like the whole month of January! :/

I am still glad I am waiting til Fall 2012 to commence law school, but I almost wish I could be starting next year. But I have to get my debt down or completely gone and I have to save $!!!! I'm just feeling really bummed lately :( Like wow I spent 4 years in college, through pregnancy, depression and the birth of my son and after all THAT, STILL can't find a job worthwhile that can sustain me and my son! This is why I have to work 10x harder. I will get 2 jobs to save the $ I need to and to pay off my debt. I want to be in the position where I can stop worrying about how the next bill is going to get paid or how I'm going to be able to afford to buy something I really need. :? Welcome to Adulthood...f--k this I wanna be a child again lol

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same place right now. like "Wow, I've worked SO hard and I'm not sure where it's got me" D~: As single moms we DO work 10x harder and still don't reap even half the rewards as others.

    I think we have to remind ourselves of what we HAVE accomplished and what a big deal it is.

    You're right that we are laying down a solid foundation for our kids. Hopefully they won't struggle as we have and maybe they will grow up to be the people that we see having it so good.

    It's hard to move back home when you've had a taste of the World. Sometimes I catch myself thinking about Nebraska and then I remember HEY I've spent my whole life trying to get OUT of NE and make my own way! But in the end, it's not where you are, it's WHO you are that matters.

    Keep pushin'! I will too

    ReplyDelete
  2. uggh ur right...this shit sucks though hahaha! for lack of better terminology! I know it's for the best and it's for Poops (aka Liam), so I don't feel like I'm doing it for nothing! but he damn sure better appreciate it!! :) I have decided I might go the Masters/J.D. route as u did, but start my J.D. first. I was a Creative Writing major so an MFA would be my next logical step. Fordhamn and NYU have great dual programs. Sometime in my life, I'd like to publish a book of poetry :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)