Saturday, May 12, 2012

10 Reasons Why Motherhood Was My BEST Decision

1) I discovered love on a level I never even knew existed

2) Liam has given me the motivation push I need to be my best self. Being the only person in charge of another human's life will give you a strong push in the right direction.

3) I get to look at my beautiful creation every day. Many times in life we work so hard for things and don't get to see the spoils of our labor...I have gotten to see my "spoils" grow from a 7lb 5 oz newborn to the 42 lb hunk of man-child he is today

4) I have learned to enjoy the small moments. Prior to having Liam, my life seemed like it was so fast paced. It was mostly work and school and few drunken nights. Now I take the time to stop and look at flowers, animals, beautiful murals, children playing, dogs outside and small things I may not have otherwise noted.

5) It lit the fire under my ass to finally do something about my weight in a permanent way. I want to continue to be a lifelong example for Liam. Examples are something that are instilled by words and actions.

6) I learned how strong I really am. When I made the decision to be a single mom (because I knew his father was not right for me), I didn't know what to expect. It was scary, devastating, confusing and I wasn't sure if I could/would do it. Thanks to family and friends' support I can, I did and am still doing it.

7) Liam inspired my first company L.I.A.M. Artistry, LLC. "Life is Always Made". Without him being in my life, my vision never would have come to fruition.

8) Liam is the reason I started this blog back in 2010. I was much younger mother than I am now and was looking for a way to get back to my writing roots and meet with people and share experiences. I have successfully done that.

9) It has given me a new perspective on relationships. I don't tolerate bullshit right from the jump. I now not only have myself to consider, but also the blending and combination of THREE lives. I am much more selective and sure about what I want in my life and in our lives. No 1/2 stepping over here sir!

10) Motherhood has empowered me as a woman. I got to view my body in a new light. I created a human life. I grew a baby! How amazing is that? :) I appreciate my body. I appreciate the things it can do. It allowed me to see and experience one of God's many miracles.

To all my fellow moms out there...what about you? What has/have your kid(s) brought to your lives?  What positive things has motherhood brought to your lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)