Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Life 5:29

Wow! Can't believe May is coming to a close. I'm currently in week 3/8 for school. Can't believe I'm  almost 1/2 done with my 1st semester back! Grades so far: 83% in Anatomy (blah, just got an 80% on my 1st test), 80% in Psych (have to bring this up, was late turning in assignments from the first week) and 114% in Sociology (lol I shit you not, I have extra credit working for me).

We spent our Memorial Weekend in NYC and it wasn't as hellish as I knew it'd be. I found a new neighborhood in Brooklyn to love lol. Clinton Hill, which is right on the edge of Bedstuy, is gentrifying but it's a pretty cool 'hood with wine bars (you know these are my faves lol) and it's close to the A/C line and actually has ample parking. Plus,plus and plus.  Liam's father is still no better and we haven't reached any type of agreement, so to trial we go! *sigh* Liam seems to be doing fine after the visit, except the 8 mosquito bites in various places on his face, legs and arm. I wish those people knew how to use bug spray cuz they know those squitoes are bananas out in Rockaway!

This weekend had me truly contemplating if I want to really return to NYC. To deal with Liam's father, NO...but to accomplish my dreams and build a life for me and my son, YES. I just want to do the right thing for him and for us both. Sometimes I'm not 100% sure what that means. I know that I have to be better than I am now and be the best person I can be. I truly believe that something great is awaiting me and us and our lives. I can feel it. I'm so sick of being on the cusp of great things and not getting there. I am ready to get there. I have to get there for me and most importantly for Liam.

Also, I am really trying to narrow and hone in on the schools I want to apply to, continue to activate my plan and keep it moving towards my aBSN. Honestly, Stony Brook, NYU and Columbia are looking like my best bets in NYC. As usual, MIAMI (money is a major issue), but I'm looking at a scholarship program w/ a stipend through HRSA. So I'm hoping something works out with that and other things I can come up with from Fastweb and any institutional scholarship I may be able to get.

I have been really thinking about my next tattoo. I want to get something that has to do with Liam. I'm thinking L.I.A.M. on my right ring finger. I'm not 100% sure where to get the tat yet, but when I do I will of course post the pics. And for those you who know about my 1st tatt "amor y vida" you will know that it is going to be small lol. I have a low threshold for pain.

On another note, for real this time (I know I have said this like 2x before), but I am DONE with dating for a while. I'm looking at age 30 right now. Nothing more has really happened in that aspect of my life, but I'm tired of knowing what I want and not being able to get it. I'm no longer going to put myself in ridiculous situations. In a situation where someone still has feelings for another person, it will always be a lose lose situation on your end. Nothing good can come out of it...pero es la vida! I'm over the way my "luck" seems to happen and I have to keep my focus on things that I know I can change like the life my son and I are going to live and where.

Until next time :)

Cicely

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)