Thursday, March 22, 2012

Being a Single Mom is...F**king Awesome!

It has taken me close to three years to get to this point, but I love the life that me and my little man have. It is truly amazing. Yes, I am broke and sometimes struggling, but there is no shortage of love and adventure in my life. Liam has showed me so many wonderful things has truly turned my life for the better. He truly is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

When I started blogging, I found an amazing network of single parents like myself. All of our stories are unique, our circumstances different,but we all share the common bond of raising kids sola/o. I was so caught up with being a negative statistic at the beginning of my journey. I was filled with hurt, shame and blame for the fact that I was not "capable" of raising my son in a two parent home. I no longer feel that way. I am a statistic. One of a young mother who is educated BEYOND high school (soon to hold 2 degrees and some certifications if I have it my way), who has many talents, who is invested in her child's future and who happens to be of color.

That is amazing! There are many young men and women out there doing this and more for their kids. I'm so happy to be included in that group. I feel empowered knowing that my role in life is as a woman, mom, motivator, mentor, friend, sister, daughter, entrepeneur and the other endless possibilities I can come up with.I embrace single motherhood and wouldn't change anything about my circumstances.

Hell, I think I'm going to make a shirt about it! :)

How do you feel about single moms? Were you raised in a single parent household? Leave me your thoughts! :)

2 comments:

  1. You have every reason to be proud of yourself! you deserve it!

    p.s. I want a shirt :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you're a mess! :) but I will keep you updated!

      Delete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)