Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Misadventures of Match.com

Haha! So yeah I went there. I tried Match.com and I'm not quite sure it lived up to my expectations. I became an inactive member of the site a while back. I began to really use it this past December. I realized I want to be in a relationship and I am at the point in my life where I am emotionally ready to be in one. What should go without being said is that my dating life will never take precedence over motherhood nor my gym time lol. So I made a medium sized blurb trying to sum myself up in a few hundred words and to try to attract the type of men I am attracted to. I've gotten some response, but it's not all what I have been looking for.I do have some specific preferences when choosing a potential mate. I honestly am not trying to be overly picky, but I AM allowed to have standards:

gainfully employed
some college work completed
0-2 kids (only 2 if previously married and they are by the same mother)
no drug/alcohol abuse
truly a good person
great communicator
seeks opportunity for betterment in different aspects of his life
dare I say good looking? - I'm no Shallow Hal but looks are important
nice teeth
takes health seriously (workouts regularly)
intelligent
older than me by at least 5 years (29-45 range)
mature and responsible
religious and/or spiritual
White,Middle Easter or Latino (a strong preference to white)
would prefer them to be 5'8 and up


Here's what I've discovered thus far:

1) black guys who completely ignore in my profile that I am down with the swirl. lol Not that I won't date another black guy, but I REALLY prefer not to. I've been there done that and my experiences dating white men have been better,

2) the guy whose ultimate goal is to sleep with you. Like I talked to this guy on the phone 2x and he was ALREADY talking about "if he got tipsy", me inviting him to my hotel room.#booandbye #you'redone! How presumptuous can you be? Not only is that a turn off..it pisses me off. But as my dad says "better to be pissed off, than pissed on" lol He won't ever get face time with me!

3) the divorcee. the guy who has a crazy, sarcastic sense of humor that cracks you up, good looks (total silver fox) and piercing blue eyes....yeah but he's divorcing. like literally in the middle of one. So you know he is not emotionally available and is about having fun and living his life. So although, he fits the bill for most of the things you look for in a man, he is not mate potential right now. You know that you two can have fun together, but unfortunately for us both I am seeking something more than carnal delight

4) the nice guy. he's a pretty decent guy. Works, has some college, no kids. He's not doing bad for himself. and although you are are attracted to his personality and you speak on a regular basis, you are not sure where things can go/if they can go anywhere. While he does have strong points, he lives with his parents (in a 2 br apartment, but he's in his late 30s). You want someone doing better than you. He also decided to go back to college and get his degree NOW. That means his earning potential is delayed until at least another 4-6 years. also, you don't know if you really do want anymore kids *shrugs*

*le sigh* the trials of dating!

Have any of you tried online dating? How did it work out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)