Monday, March 26, 2012

The Requisites

Today has been an interesting day, I have been thinking about a lot about my romantic life (not nearly as active as I'd like) and discussing with a couple of friends different aspects of my life. Do I want to get married? Is that REALLY a possibility in my future? If I met the "right"guy, would I know it and how would I react?


I'm going to layout the things I want/require in a man. If he exists/existed, this is what he would be like: (not in order)



1) intelligent (I prefer some college education - at least a year- and beyond)
2) charming (romantic,a good flirt)
3) health conscious (works out, eats healthy most of the time; I woud like for this to be something we enjoy together and as a family unit w/ Liam)
4) relationship-ready (no baggage, no hangups, ready to love and be loved)
5) prepared to be a father FIGURE (not a replacement father to my son, but someone who is willing to help me raise and mentor him. Help him develop into a good man)
6)  at least 6 years older than me(no more than 20 years my senior though)
7) gainfully employed (I mean he is not still wondering and contemplating where to begin his career. He is already established in his field(s)and seeks only to further educate himself not b/c he just figured out what he wanted to do but b/c he is seeking enrichment)
8) treats me like a Queen and an equal(I want to be respected, cherished, loved, pampered to an extent, yet treated like a partner and not someone beneath him)
9) responsible and serious about the future (this can take on many forms, but I do mean financially stable, retirement/investments, possible property owner) Please just know what a retirement fund is and know the importance of saving $.
10) has some type of religious faith and/or spirituality
11) 2 kids or less (and that's only if they are from the same woman/marriage and even then, it could still be a deal breaker depending on the details of your situation)

So idk...that's just my take on things...What about you guys out there?Do you have the "List"or do you just play it by ear? Let me know :)

2 comments:

  1. Good list! It's always important to know what you want so that when those "other" men step to you, you can gracefully and nicely say, "Step aside."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. I've always been the type of person who has to write down the things that are in my head in order to get a clear picture of what I want/need to do! :)

      Delete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)