Friday, March 23, 2012

Nursing +Fitness = Certified Fitness Nurse

From the beginning when I became interested in Nursing school, I knew where my areas of interests would be: Bariatric surgery, plastic surgery and/or nutrition. I may have found a way to combine my love of helping people, my new enthusiasm for fitness and my soon to be new career in Nursing.

I can become a R.N. AND a personal trainer. This will be at least 1-2 years down the line b/c a) i need to get to my goal weight b) i need to become ACE certified and c) I need to become an RN. The idea of this truly makes me happy. I realize I will be working for the rest of my life haha! Not because of money issues, but because working and being engaged with people truly makes me happy. I can still advance to becoming a NP and that will give me even MORE opportunities in my career.

This is so exciting. A year ago, I never would have imagined me concocting all these things. Now, I see things much clearly. I can still work for myself, work PT in a couple of other settings, but have the flexibility I see to vacation and spend time with Liam! :) Wow! :) So I know that in some realms of Nursing there are job shortages, but for someone like me, no matter what job I'm doing I always find a way for it to work for me.

8 comments:

  1. This is exactly why I want to do nursing as well! I love interacting with and helping people and I'm glad you found a field which fits YOU! I'm still thinking of exactly what kind of nurse I want to be :/ I just want to experience different fields of it before I decide, THIS IS IT! =) yey to us! were gonna be awesome nurses one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanx for the comment! We r gonna rock it out! I cant wait for u to find out what ur true passion is.I really never knew there was so much i could do in healthcare :)

      Delete
  2. just viewing your blog and i love it. we have a couple things in common...i graduated frm nursing school in 2009, have a daughter who's three, went through a custody battle (even though yours seems to have been more intense than mine) and i am a single mom dealing with her sperm donor. i have a blog too....been really bad with updating but i plan to get back to it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks for your comment! Glad you enjoy reading :-). We do certainly have some similarities. I hope u continue to blog as Id like yo know more about you and ur family :-) what area of nursing r u in? Thanks again for sharing :-)

      Delete
    2. i did med-surg, then maternity n now im in home care, and just started some case mgt and school nurse sub stuff

      Delete
    3. that's great! :) I love how nursing is so diverse! :) I have read through your blog posts and congrats on the new job and getting to set your own hours! :)

      Delete
  3. That is awesome! I know tons of RN's! It is such a rewarding career and I wish you much success in it! You go girl! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kiah for the encouragement! Keep ya posted :)

      Delete

Leave me your comments, feedback and opinions! That's what I'm here for :)